Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Clancy's questions

A few mornings a week Clancy needs to be at school at 7.20, so we get up before everyone else and have breakfast together. Quietly. Although I don't like getting up early, I do enjoy our time together. It is a time in which she asks me questions. Before 7am. Before I've had my first cup of tea. They're interesting questions, and I can't always answer them straight away, especially first thing in the morning, but I do enjoy that this quiet time together lets me get to know her better and how her mind works. Here are some of her questions. (She's nine years old.)

Who invented kissing and decided that it means love?

Why were the suffragettes called suffragettes?

What is middle class?

What are gypsies?

What’s the nicest thing anyone has done for you?

How did we find out that dogs are colourblind?

Why doesn’t a virus dilute every time it is passed on?

Why is the Statue of Liberty there and what does it mean?
.
If the cycle of the world is working properly, why do we make more money at the mint?

What would your last words be?


I'm thinking I have a thinker on my hands.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Awesome questions, but I think I could only manage them after a cup of tea!

Motherhugger said...

I forgot to include her question with the most mysterious answer: Why does Carol Brady wear a mullet??