Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ain't got no (I got life!)

My 8 year old recently announced to her friends' dismay and surprise, that her mother does not own a mobile phone. "How does she survive?!' they cried. (Very well, thank you.) They were also horrified to hear she,said 8 year old, does not own a DS. She explained we are a 'low-tech' family.

So, in support of other 'low-tech' families who may think that everyone else buys every new gadget that is marketed, and in solidarity with Susan Maushart, who, with her family, lived off-line for six months, I'm listing what we ain't got.

Ain't got no:
dishwasher
printer
mobile phone
DS
Wii
Foxtel
Iphone
Ipad
Ipod
gps
plasma screen
portable dvd player
digital photo frame
digital camera (he has one, I don't)

That's not to say I don't want things. I want a new record player and speakers.

I've got a blog. (And a life.)

No comments: