Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I've been nominated for Australia Day award

To my surprise, I've been nominated for our local council Australia Day award. This award is to honour outstanding personal achievement and service to the community.

The librarian who I work with on the community bookgroups nominated me. I don't know if she mentioned any other voluntary work I do (my work at the community centre takes up much more time and energy; being involved in school P&C and uniform shop, being on the preschool committee, are not difficult). It is nice to be acknowledged. And I must say I love running the bookgroups - I'm being useful and using my degree.

There will be a brunch on the day and I invite four guests - my parents have said they'll come. Should be good.

1 comment:

Renee said...

What a great achievement and huge honour. You must really have made an impact. Congratulations :)